11.08.2020

Day 12 - "It's going to be legend... wait for it..."

"and I hope you’re not lactose-intolerant 'cause the second half of that word is…dary! Legendary!”

For every time I spent on Netflix or any other streaming service, seventy-five percent of it was for watching tv series. There are lots of excellent tv series throughout streaming services out there, ranging from comedies, horror, K-dramas, sci-fi, etc. 

But the only tv series I always go-to for every mood, every occasion, every heartbreak is one and only How I Met Your Mother. I even put the title and the first paragraph from a quote by Barney Stinson, one of the characters from the show.

I have rewatched this series countless times since the first time I stumbled upon it back in 2009. I love the series so much I feel like I can recite every line they have ever said throughout the season from the back of my head.

Since then, I really want to share their jokes with someone else and making it our own private joke. 

(((Private joke)))

Sadly, I did not get such opportunity. Because none of my friends, nor any of my previous boyfriends watch it. And they do not even know the existence of this remarkable series. What a pity.

I love this series even more when I found out that he loves it as much as I do. I think seeing that there really is another person who watches and even loves the show as much as you do, is mind-blowing, and the odds are only one in a hundred. It was really the turning point for our conversation back then, the series. Because after that, everything fell into the right places. So in a way, I have to thank everyone who made the series, because now I can have that private joke.

(((Private joke)))

Don't worry, he gets it. He always gets it.

Now, I have to end this post because I want to switch to Netflix and watch How I Met Your Mother. Yes, I am rewatching it as of the moment. I'm already on Season 8. Because why say goodbye to the good things when you can just rewatch them over and over? 



No comments:

Post a Comment