2.19.2016

Sleepy Heads

15th March,

Peter is a person who can easily fall asleep once his body touches the bed. Just like he did this afternoon. He was so tired from his activity since morning, and it was raining cats and dogs too outside. He didn't even wake up when I poked his stomach with my finger.

I then picked up my guitar then rested my body against the wall facing the bed with Peter on it. Fyi, he's also a classic noisy sleeper. I started to strum the guitar quietly, even though it wasn't really necessary because the room was basically filled with his snore.

I hummed along with the song. I was so into the song, I didn't realize one drop of tear was streaming down on my right cheek. I stopped strumming and wiped it out. I put back the guitar to where it was before, then moved closer to the bed. I sat there in silence for a couple of minutes, just watched Peter sleeping. I saw his face, so peaceful I didn't have the heart to wake that faces up.

But then suddenly Peter awoke, not fully awake, but he opened his eyes and looked at me. He grabbed my left hand, kissed it quick, placed his head on it, and hugged it with both of his hands, then went back to sleep. He then slept in that position, and I had to just sit still so I wouldn't wake him up. My hand felt a little cramped for a couple of minutes, but I didn't mind, though. I continued watching him sleep. I love watching that peaceful face of his. And sometimes, I ran my free fingers through his hair. Still, he didn't wake up.

The next thing I knew, I fell asleep with my head near his head before he woke me up, kissed my forehead gently, and said, "wake up sleepy head."

No comments:

Post a Comment