2.01.2016

This was it.

Epilogue

As Peter kissed my forehead and both of my cheeks gently last night, I counted every seconds I had left. My hands were on his back, hugging every inch of him as much as I could, basking in his scent I know so well.

I rested my head on his chest, I could hear a quiet sound of his beating heart. I closed my eyes and found myself drifted away by its rythm. I then took a glance to the clock on the wall that just kept on ticking... and ticking... and ticking. 

It was just like time didn't even slowing down, it went twice faster, narrowing the hours I had left in my pocket before we eventually waved each other goodbye. So I hated every seconds, and every minutes that had gone by.

Then he released me, he looked at me right into my eyes. I knew, and he knew, that this was it. None of us wanted the night to end. I tried my very best to not abruptly lock the door so he couldn't leave. So I smiled instead, fought back the tears that almost bursting out through the corner of my eyes. I didn't want his last memory of me was teary eyes and shaky shoulders.  

The clock now strike eleven, and so we told each other goodbye, not knowing how long we have to wait before seeing each other again. 

As he drove more and more away, my tears began to rolled down one by one and so did the rain outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment