12.27.2016

it was perfect

Dragging my luggage on the cold grey floor, and I got more and more and more nervous when I saw the yellow exit sign, illuminated the hallway.

"This is it." I said to myself as I took one step forward the exit. I swear I could hear my own heartbeat because it was beating really fast. Almost like a drumroll.

My eyes wander, searching for one face I've been longing to see. Then there she was, humble as ever, with her red hijab I once bought for her birthday, and the same smile with the one I always treasured in back of my mind.

And just like that, I walked faster, and faster, and faster, like there was a strong magnetic field pulling me towards her. Or maybe just this longing that was bursted out from being kept for months.

I hugged her then, tightly.

Oh how I missed her so much, I couldn't held my tears in its place. The hug was last for a minute, but for me one minute was more than enough to satisfy the hunger of her warm embrace.

How could I asked for more when the first face I saw when I stepped out of the airport was the face from a woman who gave birth to me. The same woman who raised me. The same woman who never stop having my back.

It was more than enough. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment